With the Amble theme, you get 11 sidebar positions. These help add more layout and content capabilities for your web pages, but will also depend on what widgets you add to them.
UPDATE: This tutorial is based on using the Classic Widgets plugin
To add widgets to any sidebar, follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Choose a widget and either drag it to the sidebar where you wish it to appear.
- To customize the widget features, click the down arrow in the upper right corner to expand the Widget.
- To save the changes you make to a widget, click
- To remove a Widget, click
Removeor drag the widget back into the Available Widgets list.
Sidebars From the Customizer
If you use the sidebars and widgets from the Customizer, you will see it like this:
When previewing a page, if a sidebar is not available for it, you will see a message at the top.
Sidebars From the Block Widgets Screen
If you are using the new block widgets screen, you will discover the view is very different:
Dynamic Width Sidebars
Most themes from others have fixed-sized sidebars; meaning they don’t adjust in size based on what is published in each position. We offer Dynamic Width Sidebars which do adjust based on how many widgets you publish. If we use our Content Bottom sidebar group as an example, this is how it works:
- Publish a widget in Content Bottom 1, your widget will become 100% in width.
- Publish a widget in Content Bottom 1+2, each widget will now be 50% in width.
- Publish three widgets in Content Bottom 1+2+3, each widget will become 33% in width.
- Publish four widgets in Content Bottom 1+2+3+4, each widget will be 25% in width.
You don’t even need to publish them in sequential order of positions; you can do 1+3+4, without one being in the Content Bottom 2 position. They will still function the same way.