This is more of a WordPress feature, but we wanted to give you a quick introduction to what you can do with this option. Generally, this feature in WordPress lets you upload a background image or graphic that gets displayed as a background to your page (every page actually).
Here are a few ideas on how to take advantage of this feature:
- Show a background photo
- Show a background illustration, either as one image or a repeating image
- Or, don’t use an image, but change the page background colour instead of white
Remember that any image or graphic you upload will be seen on every page. I would recommend keeping it almost transparent so that your content will be seen/readable. Here is an example:
Add a Background Photo
- Go to the Appearance > Background
- Upload your photo or graphic and set your preferences
- Click the Publish button
To Change the Background Colour
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Colours > Main Body
- Look for the Background Colour setting and use the selector to change it
- Click the Publish button.