This theme requires the installation and activation of some plugins to help add additional features, although not absolutely required. For example, if you decide you want to implement a portfolio, add a newsletter, or be able to manage what pages will show widgets, you need to install the following plugins:
- Portfolio Post Type — Enables a portfolio post type and taxonomies;
- Theme Options — Gives you features to show widgets on select pages and also show/hide widget titles;
- Contact Form 7 — Although you may have your own form plugin, this one can be used for a contact form;
- MailChimp for WordPress — MailChimp for WordPress is popular and lets you add a newsletter to your site.
- Log into your WordPress Administration area.
- Go to the
Plugins > Add Newmenu and in the
Searchfield, type in the name of the plugin.
- When the results show up, click Install and then Activate
- Repeat for each of the plugins you need to install.