With Natured, you have a lot of flexibility with the sidebar column when it comes to the background image option. This feature is actually the WordPress Background Image function that we simply used for the sidebar.
By default, you get a green maple leaf photo that you can use, or you can change it to one of your own.
For all pages
This will give you a global sidebar image across all pages.
- Log in to the WordPress administration area.
- Navigate to Appearance > Background
- You can click
Change Imagein the Background section. If you change it, you can either upload or select an image from your Media Library and then click Publish.
- Set the background properties that best suits your image:
- To change the transparency of blackout overlay, use the range slider
Blackoutto adjust the level of transparency. Please note this is a global setting, so this will affect “all” pages.
- Click the Save & Publish button.
For Individual Pages or Posts
Even if you have the “For all pages” option set up, you can choose sidebar images on a per-page or per-post basis. Adding a new sidebar image on individual pages or posts is just like adding a Featured Image.
- Log in to the WordPress Administration area.
- Navigate to the Pages (or Posts) menu and open an existing page or post. You can also do this when creating a new one.
- On the next page scroll down the page until you see the
Sidebar Background Imagebox on the right side of the screen.
- Click the
Set Background Imagelink.
- Upload a new image or select an existing image from your media library, and click the
- When you are ready, click the Update button if you are editing a page, or Publish if this is a new page.