The Natured theme comes with the option to automatically crop images upon uploading as featured images.
- Crop Featured Image — The standard featured image gives you the option to crop
800x500or not to crop.
- Masonry Blog Thumbnails — These are cropped as
500x9999where the height will be relative to the width.
- Grid Blog Thumbnails — These are cropped as
- List Blog Thumbnails — These are cropped as
- Portfolio Tall Thumbnails — These are cropped as
- Portfolio Square Thumbnails — These are cropped as
- Portfolio Standard Thumbnails — These are cropped as
- Recent Post Thumbnails — These are cropped as
80x80pixels for the Recent Post Widget
- Related Post Thumbnails — These are cropped as
300x200pixels for the Recent Post Widget
The idea behind the implementation of thumbnail options is to give you the choice of having images cropped for each of the specific needs listed above. This feature gives you a consistent look to your pages when all your images are the same size.
The caveat to this is that when you enable the thumbnail cropping, a copy of that size will be generated for every image you upload whether you need it or not.
Set Your Thumbnail Cropping
- Log in to the WordPress Administration area.
- Go to the Appearance > Customize
- Open the
- Check the boxes next to each of the thumbnail settings that you want a cropped version of each image you upload to be made.
- Click the Publish button.