Updated: January 24, 2020
Who we are
Our website address: https://www.roughpixels.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When you visit our website, certain information gets recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your personal identity. If you submitted your information in a form before it is possible the next time you see a form it is (partially) prefilled.. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our Site within any month;
- the website which referred you to our Site; and
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose personal information to other sources like:
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement;
- other recipients where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
NOTE: If you make your personal information available to other people, we can’t control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that information.
How we use personal information
We may use your personal information as follows:
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Site;
- providing you with services described on the Site;
- responding to forum threads and support tickets, updating you with operational news and information about our Site and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site;
- improving our products and services.
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you;
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. You can also request our team to remove your user account and information related to it.
All transactional information, such as the purchase of a theme, membership, or service, must be retained for our country’s taxation records but is not shared with third parties.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, accounting, legal, or security purposes.
You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you at any time by logging in to your user account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for our Site at any time. However, please be aware that if we close (remove) your account, any membership you have active will also be closed. Refunds are only available within the 30-days of the transaction. To request closure, please contact us using your user account information at the end of this policy.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by our hosting service provider(s). Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication through https.
We are based in the Canada, but our servers are located in the United States of America. Our website will process all activity from these servers.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact us HERE.